April 13, 2022: Brooklyn subway shooting, Russia 'phosphorous bombs,' Shanghai, Le Pen, Oklahoma
April 13, 2022: Search for New York subway gunman, Zelenskiy says Russia using phosphorous bombs, Shanghai, Le Pen, Oklahoma
1. Police and federal agents searched into the early hours for a man who set off smoke bombs and sprayed fellow passengers with gunfire aboard a New York City subway car, injuring more than 20 people before he fled the scene.
2. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said that Russia was using phosphorous bombs in Ukraine and he accused Moscow of deploying terror tactics against civilians.
3. China’s commercial capital, Shanghai, warned that anyone who violates COVID-19 lockdown rules will be dealt with strictly, while also rallying citizens to defend their city as its tally of new cases rebounded to more than 25,000.
4. French President Emmanuel Macron launched a scathing attack on far-right rival Marine Le Pen saying her true “authoritarian” intentions were showing after she banned a team of reporters and did not rule out a return to the death penalty.
5. Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt signed a bill that makes it illegal to perform an abortion in the state except in medical emergencies, penalizing those who do with up to $100,000 in fines and 10 years in prison.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en